Work Experience Bulletin Board
Below are job opportunities available to high school students by area organizations that have contacted our Work Experience Education Program. Palo Alto Unified School District in no way endorses any of these organizations but simply makes the information available to our student body. Students and their parents must do their own due diligence on any organization that they contact. Students must also obtain a work permit from the Work Experience Education Program for any paying job that they obtain if they are under age 18. Finally, students are strongly encouraged to enroll in a Work Experience Education class if they have an unpaid and/or paid job.
****This page was last updated on Tuesday, March 10, 2020****
- Team Sheeper: Hiring lifeguards, swim instructors, camp counselors and front desk associates. Please see the attached flyer.
- City of Palo Alto: Hiring summer interns. Please visit the job opportunities page on the City of Palo Alto website for requirements and details on internships.
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services’ YouthFirst Summer Internship Program: Apply for a paid summer internship. Please visit JFCS's web posting for more information.
- Midpen Media: Opportunities for a paid summer internship. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- Wizbots, a Robotics and Java Coding After School and Summer Camp: Hiring assistants to instructors. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- Rising Sun: Opportunities for paid summer jobs. Please see the attached flyer and job description for more information.
- Amazon is opening new full and part-time positions across the U.S. in their fulfillment centers and delivery network to meet the surge in demand from people relying on Amazon’s service during this stressful time, particularly those most vulnerable to being out in public. Those interested can learn more at https://www.amazon.jobs/en/.
- Los Altos History Museum: The Exhibition Curator is looking for Teen Docents to lead tours and welcome visitors to the Museum. The deadline to apply is May 29, and a week-long training session is scheduled for August 3-7. The application form and more information about the program can be found on their website: https://www.losaltoshistory.org/education/teen-docent-program/.
- Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Solar and Astrophysics Center: This internship is run through the Work Experience Class. The application for the 2020-2021 school year is now closed. Students will be notified of the status of their application in April.
If you have any questions or would like to share job opportunities, please feel free to contact the Work Experience Teacher, Rachael Kaci at firstname.lastname@example.org